Site of Storehouse

Storehouse - Building l View Interactive Version ]

In 1796 Jefferson recorded that the log building here was used for storing iron and nail rod for the blacksmith shop and nailery. It also served over time for tinsmithing and nail manufacture and as a dwelling. A slave named Isaac Jefferson, trained as a tinsmith in Philadelphia, briefly operated the tin shop.


Related Materials